Saturday, 27 September 2014

BODY CONFIDENCE.

It has just dawned upon me that my size/weight does not matter to me anymore in terms of being 'skinny'. All that truly matters is that I am happy and healthy in my own skin. Health is a whole lot more important than losing weight to fit into a certain pair of jeans or look good in that top. I believe that the only thing that makes shedding that kilos an urgent necessity is if your lifestyle and the way you are is detrimental to your health and well being whether that is your physical or emotional health and well being. If being the size that you are makes you feel bad then by all means change something but try not to go to extremes that will negatively effect you in the future.

It is seen too often that young men and women are effected negatively by the way that people portray what is expected of them. Eating disorders are a real issue and they are becoming an even bigger one in today's society. I cannot make a judgement upon eating disorders and the motivations of people effected by them but I do know that these eating issues produce long lasting problems for suffers. I have not been effected by nor has anyone i am close to been effected by an eating disorder to my knowledge and I am only speaking from research that I have down for school projects over the years but eating disorders can kill people and the way that the media portrays beauty is a solid reason and push for people to start questioning their size.

I myself forced myself to lose a whole lot of weight about two years ago because i purposely bought a prom dress that was two sizes to small. I felt that in order to be beautiful on the night I had to be smaller than I was. To be honest I was extremely happy with the results that my hard work produced but i wasn't doing it for the right reasons because as soon as I fit into that dress and prom night was over I stopped working out.

I have begun exercising again recently but this time it is to ensure that I am as fit and healthy as i can be. My health these days is my main priority, I know that I am only 17 and people say that being so young I don't know how the world works or what is good for me. These people are wrong they cannot tell me what I do and don't know about myself. They have no idea what or who I am as a person. Because for the first time I am content with the way I am and I don't need anyone to tell me I need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment